Here is an insight to how this project began and finished as well as every step in between!
2. I then produced several pages of quick concept sketches.
3. After doing some preliminary research and quick concept sketches I then looked at who I wanted to target my glue gun at, and decided on children between the age of 8-14 as they are old enough to use them by themselves (under adult supervision). These led me to an interesting afternoon with my girlfriends 9 year old cousin, which ended up in me being shot a multiple of times with a nerf gun. We also discussed his favourite things and found that superheroes were one of his main interests.
4. I then looked at superheroes and what there glue guns might look like.
5. After looking at a range of superheroes I produced more concept designs solely based on them.
6. Once I was happy with these concepts I revisited my girlfriends cousin and asked his opinion, this led to me choosing the design based on Thor the God of thunder.
7. I then began to replicate my design on a 3D CAD package, whilst doing this I ensured that the internal parts would fit in the body.
8. Once happy with the outcome I had produced on CAD I then took it to a industry standard rendering package to make it more realistic.
9. I then created a series of boards to show off this outcome.
10. I then had some constructive feedback off my lecturer I re-rendered my design and reproduced my design boards.
11. This is the body of work which I produced during this 4 week project and the presentation I delivered.